1) Family Story Part ONE (Blog)
Grandma and The Geckos
The story is told by the grandma.
She is the narrator, her voice is in the background and the movie goes as she tells the story. Images reproduced in "memories style".
Conception:
(draft for the grandma's narration)
Since always I'm who makes the most delicious dishes for every family holidays, Christmas turkey, lasagna for Mother's Day, Easter breakfast and the favorite birthday cake for each one of my eight grandchildren.
It was the anniversary of my granddaughter, and I had prepared a chocolate truffle cake with chocolate icing and chocolate chips. Believe me, she really loves chocolate.
The house where I live is still the same since me and my husband got married, a giant house, that my husband built himself. There are five rooms, each with an attached bathroom. The largest and main room for me and my husband, and the other three rooms were for each of my children. The children who now do not live with me anymore; and now they have their own homes with their own rooms and children. It's how life goes.
There is another thing, besides rooms, bathrooms and children, that I have lots and lots at my house: geckos. It a big house with a green yard in the background and a cherry tree loved by the kids and the birds.
Over the years the children have grown, my husband stopped taking care of us from Earth and started watching us from the sky. Now my daily company is the children of my children. I look after their children while my children are at work. It is fun! During the week I alternate days with the other grandmother. When our afternoon of fun ends what I have left to keep me distracted are the cherry tree and the friendly geckos.
It was the anniversary of my fourth granddaughter and I prepared her favorite cake on the night before. I left it cooling down on the table while I was taking a shower, the filling was ready, just needed to spread the cover and put it in the fridge!I heard some sounds and a noise coming from the kitchen as if something was being dragged.When I went downstairs to finish preparing the cake there was nothing on the table.
"This geckos never get tired of sneaking up on me" - I thought.
They took the cake, but they left a trail of chocolate that started at the kitchen, passed by the cherry tree and ended in the backyard, where I found the geckos sleeping on their backs, and only cake crumbs were in the plate.I woke them up yelling really loud, I was so nervous that my voice made them jump with fright.I decided to have a serious talk with that little creatures, Granny to gecko.We agreed that they would have a night to make another cake, my granddaughter would arrive in the morning and at tho point the cake shall be waiting for her.
They agreed.
The next morning my granddaughter arrived early at my house, much earlier than usual; and even before I could hug her and smothers her with my Happy Birthday kisses she ran to the kitchen and yelled, "Grammmy, where's my cake? ". She had almost the entire body into the refrigerator.
It's at the bottom of the refrigerator, sweeeety! I said.
She opened the stove and said "Noo, it's not Grandma! I can't find it!"
I could hear a sigh sadly right after hear the cooker's lid closing. By this breath I knew that the geckos had not fulfilled their promise. I hastened picking up the ingredients to make another cake before lunch.I could see in the eyes of my Little that she was disappointed, she left the room and head down to the backyard. Thoughtfully, wondering why her grandmother hasn't made her favorite cake this year, as she does every year.
I was about to mix the sugar with the cocoa powder when I heard a whoop of joy: GRAMMY - you fooled me!!
I went to the backyard and there was a cake on the table, a really pretty one! With chocolate filling, truffle coverage and the phrase "Happy Birthday My Pretty Little Girl!"
Me and my granddaughter ate till we fell completely full of chocolate, then we watched cartoons on the tv until she fall asleep.
I thanked the geckos and offered them a piece of that delicious cake.
Later, I told my granddaughter what had happened with the cake and the geckos. She just looked at me and smiled.
My Little has never seen the geckos, but she never doubted they exist.
It's at the bottom of the refrigerator, sweeeety! I said.
She opened the stove and said "Noo, it's not Grandma! I can't find it!"
I could hear a sigh sadly right after hear the cooker's lid closing. By this breath I knew that the geckos had not fulfilled their promise. I hastened picking up the ingredients to make another cake before lunch.I could see in the eyes of my Little that she was disappointed, she left the room and head down to the backyard. Thoughtfully, wondering why her grandmother hasn't made her favorite cake this year, as she does every year.
I was about to mix the sugar with the cocoa powder when I heard a whoop of joy: GRAMMY - you fooled me!!
I went to the backyard and there was a cake on the table, a really pretty one! With chocolate filling, truffle coverage and the phrase "Happy Birthday My Pretty Little Girl!"
Me and my granddaughter ate till we fell completely full of chocolate, then we watched cartoons on the tv until she fall asleep.
I thanked the geckos and offered them a piece of that delicious cake.
Later, I told my granddaughter what had happened with the cake and the geckos. She just looked at me and smiled.
My Little has never seen the geckos, but she never doubted they exist.
fun story: really could be the basis of a short film you make here...
ReplyDelete