Monday, March 5, 2012

Homework Assignments Week 3 - Introspections III

5) Reading (Blog)

Here are the reflections about what I've found more interesting on those pages, and from the pages that had more impact on my mind:

->  "The formless thing which gives thing form".

- Isn't it the same with language? having portuguese as my first language I have this kind of sensation all the time.  Not every word has a similar word that matches the meaning in another language, and sometimes words bring a sensation, a feeling, a formless and shapeless image in your head that somehow makes you know what that means, even not having a translated word to associate with. This is what I consider an image.

->  What is an image?


An image is how you picture/ portrait/ figure the meaning of everything

I loved it: Something can only become an illusion after disillusionment. Before that it is something real!


So, an IMAGE is actually "thinking". And "thinking"is imagination + memory.
memory = past = what you've learned
imagination = based on what you have learned, what kind of new things can you figure?

so, memory + imagination = TO THINK = IMAGE!

interesting!

1 comment:

  1. I like your explorations here ... I wish you'd been doing this every week!

    (I think your exploring the space between your "Portuguese" linguistic framing and what happens during the translation to English is an interesting direction to go in.)

    ReplyDelete