Saturday, March 3, 2012

Homework Assignments Week 3 - INTROSPECTION III

3) Your "animal"dialog scene (Blog)

Bruna - Fish
Gaby - Turtle
C.J. - Eagle


Narrator:

This is the story of Fisk wanting to steal the sky from eagle, so that all the Earth will be blue water. Eagle realizes that if Fish gets he way, then turtle and all the other inhabitants of what's in between will perish. So Eagle proposes to fish that they say poetry to one another. Turtle will decide which poetry is more beautiful, however it will be unknown to turtle what is in the balance. Turtle is the judge, but he has no idea his world and all it inhabitants are at stake.

Fish begins:

I propose to you Eagle that my voice and my words are more beautiful than you can imagine. Do you dare to face off against me?

Eagle:

You are possibly right, for I have heard waves crashing against the shore, I have stopped along the cliffs and have found the lapping of water tranquil, but I do not think you have heard the beauty of stillness in the skies, I do not think you know the song of my wings against the wind or the movement of the rays of light coming from the sun, our creator.

Fish:

Let's ask turtle to be the judge. Turtle, will you listen to our words and judge who has the prettiest voice amongst us? will you?

Turtle:

As you may or may not know, my clan is a slow moving one and we are great listeners, so I think I would be excellent at this job, however, I have no sum, no reward to give the better of you two, therefore what good will such a competition be if there can not be a clear return to the winner?

Narrator:

Fish and Eagle kept silent for a moment , staring deeply into one another's eyes, then looking away, then looking at all the creatures in Turtles's world.

Eagle:

I know, if I'm judged the better, then all the creatures of Turtle's world have to stand and clap and dance wildly, for my pleasure.

Fish:

And If I'm judged the better, then all the creatures of Turtle's world must go to sleep for a very long time that I might swim uninterrupted.

Narrator:

To this turtle agreed.

Turtle:

Let the competition begin.

Eagle:

Since neither now nor yesterday began
These thoughts, which have been ever, nor yet can
A man be found who first entrance knew
(and then he paused)

Fish:

All well and good but listen here:
The lords of life, the lords of life, I saw them pass on their own guise, like and unlike, portly and grim, use and surprise, surface and dream. They marched from east west, little man, least of all

Eagle:

Aye, but temperament without a tongue, and the inventor of the game, omnipresent without name, among the legs of his guardian tall, walked about with puzzled look. Him by the hand dear nature took.

Fish:

Very good, very good, but pray I should continue, dearest nature, strong and kind, whispered darling never mind, tomorrow they will wear another face, the founder thou, these are thy race.

Narrator:

At this, it was obvious to all who were gathered that Turtle would have a time of it, in deciding who the victor should be, so he paused and said.

Turtle:

I have heard you both, in your eloquence I'm bound to be fit to be tied, but I;m not a fan to such a competition, for I fear to reward the one without the other for such music would be wrong, so since there are no rules to this thing, I give you each a crown.                                                                                                                                              

1 comment:

  1. This was ambitious ... and I'm sorry we lost CJ, who added something to the class...

    ReplyDelete